Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a new design created?
First we start with getting all details in inspo from the customer. Designs are anywhere from $25-50 dollars per design. Once we see the complexity of the design we will send an artwork invoice and payment link. Once payment is received our design will get to work for you! Alterations to your design are encouraged. After 3 alterations there will be an additional art fee charge every 2 hours.
What's the difference between screen printing and digital printing?
Screen Printing involves creating a stencil, known as a screen, and then using that screen to apply ink on the printing surface. Each individual color is applied using a different screen, one at a time, combined to achieve the final look. The more colors a design has, the more screens that are needed, and the more setup time required.
The ink in screen printing is applied thicker than digital printing, which results in brighter colors – even on darker shirts. Screen printing is the best option for designs that require a high level of vibrancy, specialty products, or for quantities greater than 6 pieces. While Underground Printing has no minimums for screen printing, price is usually a prohibitive factor under 6 pieces.
Digital printing is a much newer process that involves your artwork being processed by a computer, and then printed directly onto the surface of your product. Digital printing is not a transfer – the ink is directly adhered to the fabric of your shirt. The fact that the design is processed and printed digitally allows for a quantity of one, since there are no screens or physical setup.
Digital printing is best used for items that require large amounts of detail and/or print colors, customers that require water based ink, and for orders of a smaller quantity. The fact that the digital printer does not use screens allows for a print with much more detail than traditional screen printing. As the ink is applied thinner, digital printing is best used on lighter colored shirts to allow the design to shine through.
What determines the price of my item(s)?
- Type of garment: For almost every product type we have an inexpensive, mid-range, and high end option, and there are many styles to choose from – not just t-shirts!
- Quantity ordered: Due to the setup involved in screen printing, the more shirts you order, the lower your price will be as you pass price break points.
- Number of locations Printed: Each location requires new setup and runs for your imprint. A front print only will always be cheaper than a front and back print.
- Number of colors on each design: The number of colors in each design affects the run time and setup for each location. A one color print will be less expensive than a three color print. If you have a lot of colors and tones of colors in your design, a process print may be a cheaper solution.
- In-hands date: Orders are produced on-demand for your due date. Garments needed in a few days from your order placement date will be more expensive than those needed in a few weeks.
What is your turnaround time? Can I get my Order faster if need be?
Typical turnaround time is 7-15 business days + shipping and delivery time. Turnaround time is only an estimate, is not guaranteed and starts when your order is paid for and we have all the information to complete your job. Complex designs or orders with extra add-ons may increase turnaround time. Allow for at least 3 additional days for interior printed tags. If you have a deadline for your order, you must let us know when placing your order and a rush fee may imply. Taking longer than 24 hours to approve your digital proofs may delay your order. Any circumstances out of Phresh Prints Ink’s control (ie: weather delays, shipping errors by the supplier, etc.) may also require more time and are not factored into the initial turn around time estimate.
Is there a minimum requirement?
For screen printing, we can do as small as 24 shirts per design but there will be some restrictions on size and number of colors. We recommend printing at least 50 for best pricing. There is no minimum purchase for all other services.
Do I need to pay for my shirts now?
Yes. Your payment must be received before your order is printed.